Open top menu
Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Ever wondered why there are a lot of cars parked in front of this diner? I did so I checked it out.
Every time I go home late at night, I would always pass by this place near Diliman Preparatory School. I would see a lot of cars parked in front of it and people enjoying a midnight snack. I think it is one of those after hours places where one could get an honest to goodness cheap hot meal. A few years back, this store was located farther down the road. I just don't know why it moved a few meters away. LOL

So one day, I went on over and tried it out. For those that know me, don't you dare! LOL!
Yes, I do eat at pares places and Yes I have dined at carinderias (Would you believe for 27Php, you could get a meal! EPIC) and YES I try everything just for food :D.

 The place is a straight to the point 24 hours 7 days a week open for hungry customers. Their walls are lined up with different posters showing their offerings with their prices.
 As you can see, it is an open air establishment. No a/c just fans.
 Since I was wanted back at home, I opted to have my food to go.

I got their sisig (99Php). It isn't the crunchy version and has a lot of innards in it. I could say though that it does pass my taste buds' preference. The only part I didn't like is that it is really oily!!! LOL! It also came with rice.
 Their beef mami was not really to my liking. The soup's flavor was all right albeit a bit oily. The beef was soft. The heart breaker here would be the noodles. All the things I liked in noodles weren't there. The noodles was hard and rough and can't be eaten with the slurping action! SKIP this. 
The pares (79PHP) is their money maker. I could say that it does taste good. Given that it only costs less than 100Php is a real treat. The taste was borderline sweet and savory. The meat wasn't the best part but they are tender and easy to chew. I would have wished for the serving to be bigger but I guess for a solo eater it was all right.
For the affordable price, this is a good place to eat at when most of the restos in the area are closed. Their pares is definitely a winner. I wouldn't mind getting another one for a late night snack. Budget around 200Php per person (gutom na gutom) but a hundred would be okay all ready. So, where was the last Pares place you have tried?


D' Original Pares
Along Commonwealth Near Diliman Prep School
Open 24/7
Different Themes
Written by Lovely

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

0 comments