Open top menu
Friday, May 10, 2013

May 9, 2013

Since I am no longer a party person, I tend to just have a relaxing night out with friends.
But there are times, when I try to mix things up. So a few weeks ago, my friend and I tried eating at OPUS.






Although it is a bit far from Quezon City, this swanky and luxurious club was worth visiting. What one doesn't know is that they serve dinner. Thankfully deal grocer has coupons that gave discount when one eats here.

The place is actually divided into 2. The restaurant area and their lounge.
To start things off:

Quail and Bacon ravioli - mushroom, braised leeks and truffle foam
The ravioli was the ideal starter. Once it was brought to our table, the smell of the truffle was evident. It started to wet our appetite. 
Crispy skin duck leg confit - braised red cabbage, mustard potato dumplings, red wine jus
The duck leg was juicy and crunchy. It was sinful and delightful. Yes it was also oily but what the heck. I am here to enjoy !!!!
U.S Angus Beef Wellington - roast baby carrots, potato pave
My friend got the beef wellington. She was quiet all throughout. She didn't talk to me while eating this with gusto. She was lucky. I only got a small slice out of her pick.
Matisse, Dali and Van Gogh





The dessert well they weren't there. I mean it wasn't worth it. My friend and I only had a few bites of each and left it. They were good but weren't that great with compared to other dessert places. They were not decadent and needed a bit more omph!


As for the service it was impeccable. The wait staff was attentive and even friendly enough to take a photo of my friend and I.

Ms. J and I

Would I go back? I would for drinks and for that duck leg confit. I will not order dessert though. More or less, one should bring around 800-1000 Php per person.



OPUS
2/F Newport Mall, Resorts World Manila, 1309 Pasay City, Philippines
http://www.opusmanila.com/
+639178747738 / +63 917 809 4093
Different Themes
Written by Lovely

Aenean quis feugiat elit. Quisque ultricies sollicitudin ante ut venenatis. Nulla dapibus placerat faucibus. Aenean quis leo non neque ultrices scelerisque. Nullam nec vulputate velit. Etiam fermentum turpis at magna tristique interdum.

0 comments